Causes of Dry and Itchy Scalpaqicare
Having a dry and itchy scalp can be very frustrating. Almost every one of us experiences an itchy scalp at least once in their lifetime. There are several factors that can cause your scalp to dry, itch and even have dandruff.
Here are the minor and usual culprits that cause dry and itchy scalp:
- Not washing your hair regularly. If you are not washing your hair regularly this will cause the oil, dead skin cells and dirt to accumulate thus having discomfort and itchy scalp.
- Reaction from a skin care product. If you just tried a new shampoo or conditioner or even a new hair product, and your scalp became itchy then the new product may be the one who is causing the discomfort.
- When the weather is too cold and the humidity is too low, this can cause your scalp to dry. Dryness of the scalp usually happens during winter and fall so make sure to nourish your scalp during these times of the year.
- When your body is not getting the proper nutrition it needs this can cause your skin and scalp to dry. Try to eat more healthy foods that are rich in vitamins B, D and zinc.
On the other hand, here are some skin conditions that can cause your scalp to be dry and itchy:
- Seborrhea or Seborrheic Dermatitis. Seborrheic Dermatitis or dandruff is a common skin condition that causes itching, flaking and redness of the skin. It can affect the face, chest and back but it usually affects the scalp. This skin condition is not contagious and it doesn’t mean that you have poor hygiene. However it could be very irritating and embarrassing.
- Eczema or atopic dermatitis. Eczema is a skin condition that causes inflammation of the skin. It is red, dry and very itchy. It commonly affects the skin but it can also affect the scalp thus experiencing dryness and itchiness. The cause of eczema is still unknown but there things you can do to manage it.
- Psoriasis is also a common skin condition that can cause the scalp to dry and itch. It affects the immune system that causes the skin cells to grow rapidly thus producing a thick, red, dry and itchy extra skin. There is still no cure for this skin condition but there are treatments that can help soothe and calm psoriasis.
If you are not sure what’s happening on your scalp or skin it is recommended that you visit a specialist.
And if you are looking for a hair products specifically developed for dry and itchy scalp conditions, AQI Sensitive Everyday Shampoo and Conditioner are designed for this.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.