Do Anti-Aging Creams Work?
Can Anti-Aging Creams Work and Turn Back Time?
Anti-Aging creams are skin care products that helps prevent the signs of skin aging through reducing and masking. Most of these creams are predominantly moisturiser-based cosmeceutical products. Although, the real question a lot of people are asking is: Do they really work?
You will often see tons of anti-aging creams and lotions sold all over the place. You will find them in your favourite Department store, chemist and even over the internet. The promise to reduce wrinkles or even prevent skin damage due to the sun and other external pollutants seem to be too good to be true. The effectiveness of an anti-aging cream depends on a couple of things: the specific ingredients used to make the product and how long you use it.
How Specific Ingredients Help Anti-Aging Creams Work?
Anti-aging creams effectiveness is often dependent on the active ingredients that are used to make it. Below are some usual ingredients that help bring out the results that you are looking for in an anti-aging cream:
- Coenzyme Q10 – this ingredient is usually incorporated into these skin care products because they help reduce the fine lines around the eyes. They can also protect the skin from sun damage.
- Grape See Extract – not only does this ingredient help detoxify the skin but it also has anti-inflammatory properties which helps heal wounds.
- Hydroxy Acids – this ingredient are usually categorized as exfoliants. They help remove dead skin and they stimulate the growth of new skin.
- Niacinamide – also an antioxidant, this ingredient helps reduce water loss in the skin and improve its elasticity.
- Tea extracts – another powerful antioxidant found in green, black and oolong tea. They also have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Retinol – a vitamin a compound, this is one of the most widely used ingredients in anti-aging creams. It helps reduce wrinkles by neutralizing free radicals which breaks down skin cells, causing wrinkles.
- Vitamin C – a potent antioxidant that protects the skin from sun damage.
The bottom line here is, anti-aging cream can help reduce the sign of aging, but their effectiveness is dependent on the ingredients that are included in the product. You also need to use the right anti-aging cream that matches your skin type and use this product as advised. The right skin care product plus a healthy lifestyle can definitely help improve your skin condition.
A highly recommended product that helps wrinkles is the AQI Extra Rich Night Cream.