Foods to Avoid If You Have Oily Skin
One of the most common skin types is having an oily skin. There are a lot of factors that can contribute in making your skin so oily. Your food intake is one and in this article, you will find some few tips on what kind of food to avoid and what is good for your oily skin.
What to eat
- Food with high in Fiber and vegetables
- High fiber foods like brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat bread helps you detoxify and at the same time has minimal oil and fat content.
- Fluids and natural juices
- Drinking water and natural juices makes you hydrated and at the same time makes your skin look healthy and fresh
- Food rich with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Cold-water fish like tuna, salmon have rich Omega 3-Fatty acids. Omega-3 Fatty Acids helps control oil production in your skin and at the same time have an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
What to Avoid
- Fatty Meat
- Red meat like beef and lamb contains a lot of saturated fat which contributes to the oiliness of the skin.
- Dairy Products and sugar
- Milk products, butter, cheese, etc. as well as sugary drinks (soda), corn syrup, cane sugar etc. affects your hormones that can trigger your oily skin and can trigger your acne break out.
- Salty snacks and deep fried food
- Potato chips, fried chips and fried chicken contain trans-fats that can also aggravate your oily skin. Since they are cooked with cooking oil, the excess oil will also have an impact to your oily skin
These are just some of the suggestion of food that you can eat and avoid. Make sure that you eat healthy. Not only will it help your skin but it will also help you have a longer life.