How Do You Know If You Have Sensitive Skin?aqicare
Red, dry, tight and itchy, these are the symptoms of sensitive skin. The growing population of people having sensitive skin is really alarming. According to research 70% of the population has sensitive skin this 2019 compared to 15% in 2009.
The term sensitive skin can sometimes be overused. For example, environmental factors like the change of weather can cause dryness, tightness and redness of the skin which is normal but it does not mean that you already have sensitive skin.
But how can you really tell if your skin is sensitive?
- If most of the products that you use on your skin causes skin dryness, redness, itchiness or irritation.
- If using basic household products like laundry detergent, dishwashing soap and other cleaning materials cause breakouts.
- If you can’t wear clothes that is made of wool or synthetic materials.
Basically, if your skin reacts to almost everything that comes in contact with your skin, then you have a sensitive skin. Of course, living with a sensitive skin can be really difficult. But don’t fret; there are things you can do to make your life easier.
- Visit your dermatologist. They can test for underlying skin condition that you may have like eczema and rosacea. And they can also give you a sound advice on how to manage it.
- Test a product first before buying and applying it to your face or body. Get a small portion of the product that you want to use and apply it in a small area of your skin like the back of your hand and wait if your skin reacts.
- Use products that are specially made for sensitive skin. It is best if you choose all natural products since harsh chemicals like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), alcohol, can trigger a reaction.
If you want to learn more about sensitive skin, you can check out our collection of blogs here.